Literacy
This week in Literacy, we looked at the book If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen. We used this story to fuel our imagination about our "dream car". Students had some great ideas to share! From here, we created vocabulary lists based on all things automotive. Students then had the chance to create their own dream car, creating a diagram of it, making sure to label it. This also led to a great discussion about creating diagrams and why labeling them is so important. Student's then used these diagrams to write about their "dream cars".
Numeracy
This week in Math we've been looking at using known facts to count on. For example, if I know that I have 7 groups of 10 (70) and 4 left over, that I would just count on from 70. Here is an example where students took a photograph of grouping counters, printing that off and circling the groups of 10's or 5's and counting on to find the total:
Science
This week in science we've begun a new unit on Magnets and Magnetism. Students have had some session exploring a variety of different magnets and their properties.
Social Studies
In Social Studies this week we've begun looking at Citizenship in our classroom and what being a good citizen in the classroom looks like based on our 3 pillars of care.
Here's an interesting article our caring school:
http://www.660news.com/2014/11/19/nw-school-launches-programs-during-bullying-awareness-week/



