Friday, 8 April 2016

April 8, 2016

Hi Parents!

What a fun and incredible week we've had. I can't believe how quickly our week goes!

Literacy

This week we've continued our work on smilies. We've looked at creating similes for our family members to create a small book from it. The children have come up with some incredible smilies (I'll be sure to post when we finished our polished work next week, but one that stands out is... My dad is a stubborn as a knot in a rope!

Our student's have been doing an AMAZING job at their oral storytelling. The process of watching them become nervous and self-concious about speaking to a group of people to these amazing and engaging storytellers has been an amazing process to watch. You'll be beaming with pride when you see them - I know I have been! I foresee future Toastmaster leaders in my class!

Math

This week we've continued to look at the different properties of polygons, examining how they can be sorted. Our grade 2's have also been examining properties of symmetry in 2D shapes.

Science

In Science we've continued to look at our senses and how we use them in our everyday world.

Social Studies

We've wrapped up our study of Saskatoon and will begin to look at how communities in the past have been formed and developed to modern times. We'll be comparing how Metegan and Calgary have been settled, grew and changed throughout the years. Stay tuned!